MSc - Disability, Design and Innovation
GDI Hub are delighted to announce a brand-new MSc taught across our three founding partner academic institutions. Led and awarded by UCL, the course will also have teaching input from Loughborough University London and the UAL London College of Fashion.
This MSc blends design engineering with global policy and the societal context of disability giving students a unique multidisciplinary insight and the skills to be innovators in the field of global disability.
Topics covered in the MSc include:
- Accessibility & Assistive Technology
- Research Methods and Making Skills
- Marketing and Business
- Future Global Technologies for Disability and Development
- Design Thinking
- Inclsuive Design and Environments
- Applied Business and Marketing Strategy for Disability Developments
Graduating students will leave with the skills to be the next generation of disability innovators:
- Designing solutions
- Making a tangible difference to people’s lives
- Being able to measure and market your impact
- Risk taking
- Influencing others
Snowdon Trust Scholarships
We are also delighted to announce the Snowdon Trust will be funding three scholarships for the course available to UK based disabled students as below:
- x1 Gold Award: Fees and bursary
- x2 Silver Award: Bursary only
The Snowdon Trust and GDI Hub will be looking for disabled students with a passion for learning and the determination to succeed. Successful candidates must have a strong desire to help improve the lives of others and have the potential to become a leader in the field of disability, design and innovation.
The Snowdon Trust helps support disabled people study in the UK, offering scholarships and grants for higher education. Founded by the First Earl of Snowdon, a prominent disability rights campaigner who had polio as a child, the trust supports disabled people nationwide to excel in their chosen area of study.
GDI Hub are delighted to be working alongside the Snowdon Trust and look forward to hearing from disabled students interested in this exciting opportunity.
To apply please complete the UCL application first (link above) as you will need your application number to apply for the scholarship. Once complete please complete the Snowdon Scholarship application form.
Meet the Teaching Team
Catherine Holloway - Associate Profeesor & Academic Director, UCL
Maria Kett - MSc Director, UCL
Tim Adlam - Associate Professor, UCL
Youngjun Cho - Lecturer, UCL
Iain McKinnon - Lecturer, UCL
Mikko Koria - Associate Dean for Enterprise, Professor of Design Innovation and Director of the Institute for Design Innovation, Loughborough University London
Antonious van der Broek - Lecturer, Loughborough University London
Edwin Phiri - Lecturer, London College of Fashion
- Fees: UK/EU: Full-time £12,750 Overseas: Full-time £28,410
- Further module detail and information can be found on the UCL Computer Science site.
- Application for the MSc DDI 2019/2020. Click here to apply.
- Closing date for Snowdon Bursary applications: 15th May 2019
- Closing Date for applications: 14th June 2019
- Click to download the MSc DDI Leaflet
- For further information please email: email@example.com