Our commitment to Privacy
- The information we collect about you
- How we use your information
- What are cookies? The types of cookies we use and how you can disable them
- Finding out what information we hold about you
This website is maintained by GDI Hub and we are committed to providing transparency about any information or data we collect about you as set out below.
The information we collect about you
- We may collect the following information about you through our website:
- Your name, email address, postal address and any other information you voluntarily provide to us via our website and online forms.
- Your IP address (which is a unique identifier that computers and devices use to identify and communicate with each other) which is automatically recognised by the web server.
How we use your information
We may use your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- To deal with your requests and enquiries.
- To contact you for reasons related to your enquiry.
- To notify you about updates to the disabilityinnovation.com website.
- To use your IP address to monitor traffic and gather browsing behaviours of visitors to our websites. We will not use your IP address to identify you in any way.
- To create meaningful, actionable analysis that will help us to understand how policy issues and the Global Disability Innovation Hub are being talked about and to react accordingly.
- When we collect information from you, we will tell you if we would like to send you information about our work. We will give you the opportunity to opt out.
- If we wish to share your data with third parties for marketing purposes, we will tell you about this and only do so if we get your consent. You can opt out at any time.
- We may also share your personal information with the police and other law enforcement agencies for the purposes of crime prevention or detection.
- This is done on a strictly case by case basis and through a tightly controlled process to ensure we comply with the Data Protection Act.
Protecting your information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to a destination external to our own secure network.
What are cookies?
The types of cookies we use and how you can disable them.
In this section you will find information on what cookies may be set when you visit the our website and how to manage and disable them.
What are cookies?
Automatically collected access information
Essential technical information: identification of the page or service you are requesting, type of browser and operating system you are using; and the date and time of access.
Nonessential technical information: the Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our web site, and the "cookie information" described below.
By continuing to use this site you consent to the relevant cookies being set on your device.
We use the following types of cookies
1. Session cookies – these are temporary cookies that remain in the internet browser’s folder of your computer until you close the browser. Our website uses a session cookie which is stored in your browser until you close it to ensure connections to our servers are distributed evenly to provide optimal performance.
2. Persistent/Permanent cookies – these remain in the internet browser’s folder of your computer for longer than the time you are visiting this website. We need to use a cookie to make sure people don't 'like' content more than once. This cookie does not store any other information and is not used for any other purposes.
3. Analytical cookies – Our website uses Google Analytics cookies (third party cookie) for the following purposes:
- a cookie to record the time of your first visit to website, the time of your most recent visit to the website and the time of your current visit;
- a cookie to record how long you stayed on the website;
- a cookie to record how you located our website (i.e. Google search, keyword, link from other page etc).
We only share the information obtained through the use of Google Analytics with Google. For more information on Google’s use of your information, please visit the Google Privacy and Data Sharing pages.
The cookies we use for these purposes do not track your Internet usage after leaving our website and we do not store your personal information. They will also not be used in connection with any other information to identify you in any way.
To prevent Google Analytics cookies being set, you may wish to install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On
Can I opt out of cookies?
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of our website. For information on how to manage cookies on a mobile phone, games console or internet-enabled television, you should refer to the operations manual specific to each device. To opt out of any third-parties using cookies where data about your interaction with our website is collected, please refer to their website for this information.
Service and marketing messages
If you are currently receiving service messages or marketing communications from us and no longer wish to do so, please let us know by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finding out what information the Global Disability Innovation Hub holds about you
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you can ask to see any personal information that we hold about you. Such requests are called subject access requests. If you would like to make a subject access request, please contact GDI Hub.
You will need to provide two forms of identification, for example, driving licence, utility bill or passport and if appropriate, any particulars about the source or location of the information you are requesting.