Themes: Culture and Participation
Applications are open for the East London Inclusive Enterprise Zone (ELIEZ)
ELIEZ is an accessible, specially designed, community for entrepreneurs, business leaders and design thinkers who are disabled or whose work focuses on disabled people.
GDI Hub is part of the UK’s most inclusive zone for accessible technology and disability-led innovation. The Zone is a collaboration between, UCL, Plexal, Here East, Global Disability Innovation Hub, Disability Rights UK, Capital Enterprise, Greater London Authority, Loughborough University, London College of Fashion, UAL, Hackney Council, Ford Mobility, Inclusion London, and the London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC).
ELIEZ inviting disruptive startups, innovators and disabled entrepreneurs with ground-breaking ideas and ambitious plans to draw on our ELIEZ network to help market and scale up your business.
Apply for ELIEZ
ELIEZ delayed the start date for the ELIEZ programme, and postponed events due to Covid-19. We're committed to launching a full range of ELIEZ activities at a later date. To register your interest or apply for membership, please complete our form on F6S, and we'll get back to you shortly.
Membership is open to entrepreneurs, business leaders and established startup founders who are disabled or whose work focuses on disabled people.
As a member, we’ll help you accelerate your business, and develop needed products and services from idea stage through to global deployment. We’ll help your find solutions to you challenges.
Members are supported through an extensive programme, delivered by our partners, and will have complimentary membership at Plexal for up to 6 months.
As a member of ELIEZ, you’ll have access to:
- desk space at Plexal
- network access to ELIEZ partners
- innovative ELIEZ programmes hosted by university partners
- Barclays Business breakfast meet-ups
- invitations to Maker Night meet-ups at Barclays Eagle labs, hackathons and other partner events
- Women in Tech lunches at Plexal
- ELIEZ focus groups and activities
- 3 months complimentary F6S accounting support
- additional support for building business via UCL’s Innovation & Enterprise team
We’re looking for innovative business leaders and design thinkers with ventures that will radically change inclusive innovation and accessibility sectors.
To be eligible for membership, you must:
- have run an established venture for at least 12 months
- be a disabled entrepreneur, startup founder or business leader, or a design thinker, creating products making a positive difference in disability-led innovation and accessibility
- be able to demonstrate your business will generate employment opportunities and contribute to the local economy
- have an understanding on the issues on disability-led innovation in the UK and knowledge on specific user challenges.
We’re also keen to speak to you if you:
- are a student enterprise receiving support on experimentation testing, developing and prototyping
- are established businesses wanting to shift focus to online activities due to Covid-19
- have a product with some evidence of its merits and how it can solve a problem
- have a clear idea of how to produce, sell and distribute a solution, addressing the needs of people with a range of accessibility challenges.
Complete our form on F6S to apply to be a member or register your interest.
Find out more here.