13 June 2023
23:30 UK / 18:30 EST
COSP16 side event: GDI Hub and partners explore ‘What Works’ to improve access to life-changing Assistive Tech (AT) for all
Five years ago we began to test something new. Bringing together key stakeholders and experts working across the AT arena, with the aim of enabling researchers, innovators and AT users to experiment with new ideas.
Join Global Disability Innovation Hub, His Majesty's Government United Kingdom (UK), The World Health Organization and in partnership with UNICEF, ATscale and The International Disability Alliance for a unique insight into testing and backing new approaches. This session will reflect on learnings from UK aid funded AT2030 programme, led by GDI Hub, to test 'What Works' to improve access to life-changing AT. This is a story of innovation and learning.
- Tuesday, 13th June, 6.30 to 7.45 EDT (11:30pm - 00:45am)
- Conference room 4
- Digital stream also availible via UN webcast
This session will be a little different. Big voices from across the Assistive Tech space will share their ideas and visions - a reflection on where we are now and what the future holds.
Do you want to know what really works and what doesn't? Join us and our global partners to find out what's next....
Tom Pursglove MP, Minister of State for Disabled People, Health and Work of the United Kingdom will be joined by:
- Vicki Austin, Global Disability Innovation Hub (GDI Hub) - CEO & Founder
- Kylie Shae, The World Health Organization - Team Lead, Access to Assistive Technology
- Pascal Bijleveld, ATscale - CEO
- Juan Angel de Gouveia - Chair of the Latin American Network of non governmental organizations of persons with disabilities and their families (RIADIS)
- Anna Landre, GDI Hub - Research Fellow DPO network mapping
- Jamie Danemayer, GDI Hub - Research Fellow Population Health
- Fernando Botelho, UNICEF - Programme Specialist, Assistive Technology
- Jonathan Kaufman, Consultant, Anthropologist, Psychotherapist, Forbes Contributor, and Former Obama White House Policy Advisor on Diversity & Disability
- Bernard Chiira, - Director GDI Hub's Innovate Now. (remote contributer)