Deadline to submit application
To apply for this position send a CV and a covering letter describing how you think your skills and experience are relevant to this role (no more than 2 pages) to the GDI Hub Centre Manager: email@example.com, by Thursday 18th April 2019. Please request an alternative if this format is not accessible to you.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by CoP on Tuesday 23rd April 2019 with interviews expected to take place on Tuesday 30th April 2019.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Iain McKinnon, GDI Hub CIC - Director of Operations - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full-time employment at GDI Hub CIC (Community Interest Company)
Fixed term for 2 years
To provide operational management and strategic business support, acting as the primary point of contact for GDI Hub CIC operational matters.
The post holder will support the implementation of business operational processes and procedures, creating these as and when necessary. They will lead on procurement and contracting processes performing due diligence on prospective partners and collaborators. They will lead on company finances including; financial reporting, payment scheduling and financial management.
The post holder will support all operational aspects of company activities including that of live programmes and projects ensuring they are operationalised in a way that meets the needs of GDI Hub CIC and minimises risk.
- Provide operational support to GDI Hub CIC
- Ensure operational processes and procedures are fit for purpose and refine these as and when necessary to do so, working with the team
- Support procurement processes and contractual negotiations and discussions
- Support and lead GDI Hub CIC financial management including financial reporting and payment schedules
- Support and lead the due diligence process for all CIC contracts
- Work closely with GDI Hub CIC’s accountants (external company) including supporting annual reporting/filing and other duties as required
- Work closely with GDI Hub CIC’s legal team (external company) including securing services for legal reviews, support and advise as and when required
- Any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the Directors of GDI Hub or other senior staff
This is not meant to be an exhaustive list. The need for flexibility, shared accountability and team working is required and the role-holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
This is a description of the role as it is at present. It is the practice of GDI Hub to review role profiles annually to ensure that they relate to the role being performed. This review will be carried out by the line manager in consultation with the role holder.
Knowledge and experience
- Thorough knowledge of operational processes and ideally dealing with large donor funding arrangements
- Thorough financial skills and understanding including company annual reporting
- Procurement and contract management
- Experience of implementing legal advice
- Business planning and programme management experience
- Experience of working effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of all business sectors; private, public and third is desirable
- Experience working in small but complex teams is desirable
Experience working with international partners and stakeholders is desirable
Skills and abilities
- Operational management and financial reporting
- Stakeholder management
- Analytical skills to evaluate data and suggest/make optimal operational decisions for the business
- Proactive, self-motivated, committed and enthusiastic
- Leadership and profile-raising activities
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent ICT skills
- High degree of integrity and ability to operate in a politically sensitive environment
Personal style and behaviour
- Pro-active problem solver
- Practical and pragmatic
- Likes working as part of a small, energetic team
- Creative and organisational leadership
- Integrity and inclusive behaviours
- Able to work independently, prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- High degree of professionalism
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Approachable and amiable